Monday, March 25, 2013

Oven Baked Meatballs



I've never been a huge fan of meatballs, mostly because I've never been a huge fan of beef. However, I'm slowly changing my mind and my husband loves beef, so I am trying to cook more with it. This meatball recipe was so good and flavorful! I served them over pasta and with some spaghetti sauce for the hubs, but I just ate them plain, and they were still SO yummy!


Original recipe makes 12 meatballs


1 pound extra lean ground beef



1/2 teaspoon sea salt


1 small onion, diced


2 teaspoons minced garlic



 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning


3/4 teaspoon dried oregano


3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes


1 dash hot pepper sauce (such as Frank's RedHot®), or to taste


1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce


1/3 cup skim milk


1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese


1 egg (slightly beat)



Place the beef into a mixing bowl, and add all the other ingredients. Mix until evenly blended, then form into large balls and place them individually into a muffin tin. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes and dig in!




































































No comments:

Post a Comment