Friday, February 11, 2011

Beauty Secrets!

Kelly's Korner is hosting a Show Us Your Life-Beauty Secrets this week, and I've been looking forward to reading all of these for awhile now! I love reading about the great ideas that other people have that I have never heard of before. Though it's still up for debate about whether I'm high maintance or low maintance (Tom thinks it's insane that it takes me longer than 5 minutes to get totally ready to go somewhere, so he would probably vote high maintance. How do guys do that anyways?!?!). Knowing LOTS of girls way worse than me though, I'd say I'm somewhere in the middle.
Though it might take me awhile to get ready each day, one thing I'm pretty laid back about is the brands of the products I use. I'm not a "brand" person with most things, but there are a few things that I feel really strongly about!
Here are few favorites:

Regular Dove Soap! I've washed my face with everything under the sun, and this is by far the best! It's cheap, chemical free, and works great!!!


Since my skin is sensitive, I always have a hard time finding moisterizers that don't break me out. However, this moisterizing night creme from Arbonne is awesome. It takes the redness out of my face, and moisterizes, and never breaks me out at all. Also, the Arbonne FC5 redness reducer powder is great as well. You put it on under your regular powder, and it really evens out your skin. I have some rosasia on my cheeks, so it really tones that down. Arbonne products are natural, so they are very easy to wear. (And if you need someone to buy Arbonne from, I can hook you up with a friend of mine!).

These 2 products are great for moisterizing as well! Once you have tried Burts Bee's lip balm, you will never be satisfied with any other kind. It's a few dollars a tube, but totally worth it. I have them in my purse, by my bed, on my desk at work, etc. I can't live without this stuff. Also, Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Cream is the best thing I've found for dry hands. It's a miracle worker!

My BEST "beauty secret" is this stuff:

Johnson's Baby Powder-Pure Cornstarch
I use this daily as a dry shampoo, and it's awesome! As someone with oily hair, I've tried all kinds of dry shampoos, expensive and cheap, and this works better than ANY I've tried. It's cheap and you can pick it up anywhere, so that's even better. I sprinkle some in my hands, rub them together, and then rub it through my hair after I dry it (focus on the root area). It sucks up oil and gives your hair a lot of body. I use it daily, whether I've washed my hair that day or not, since it keeps hair looking full all day. This is probably best for girls with blond hair-dark hair might turn a little gray! I have found the cornstarch kind works better than regular baby powder.

3 comments:

  1. I have seen so many people say that they use Dove soap today! My mom has used it for years and anytime I smell it, it reminds me of childhood. It's a great product and I do need to pick up a bar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Johnson's baby powder as a dry shampoo?? Never heard of it - what a neat tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dove soap reminds me of grandma, love burts, & i used to use baby powder on my hair in college when i overslept!

    ReplyDelete