Thursday, February 10, 2011

Snow 2011 Take 2

Well, we have been out of school again due to the snow! School was actually out last Friday for snow too, but I missed it while we were in TX visiting. We got lots of snow yesterday, so my guess is that we will be out until Monday. Next week it's supposed to be in the 60's, so maybe this will be the last snow of the year (but who knows anymore!!).
Yesterday, this is what my world looked like:

With all of the snow, yesterday was a perfect day to make this yummy soup:
Tom taught me about this soup, and it's become almost a weekly staple. I used to make it with ground turkey, but since then I've convinced Tom that it doesn't really need meat, so now I can leave that part out.

Here's the recipe:
2 cans stewed tomatoes
1 can rotel
1 package Williams chili mix (Tom thinks I'm an alien because I had never had this before!)
Then you can add any beans you want-I like dark kidney beans, black beans, chili beans, black eyed peas, golden hominy

You open all the cans, dump the whole thing (do not drain anything) into the crockpot, stir it all together with the whole packet of chili mix, and cook on low all day long. It's that simple and healthy, and seriously GOOD!

With all of this snow and hot soup weather we've been having-I've been dreaming of Spring! I cannot stand being hot, so I'm not really the hugest fan of Summer (except for having a lot of time off work!), but I do love cool Spring days with lots of sunshine. My favorite part might be the beginning of sundress and sandals season! Here's what I'm dreaming of wearing right now:

(Dear Kate Spade, please send in a size 8 a.s.a.p.!!)

I'm burning this AWESOME candle right now too, which really, really makes me long for Spring!
If you ever are lucky enough to run across anything at Bath & Body Works in this scent,
GRAB IT! It's hard to find, but 1,000% worth the purchase!!

No comments:

Post a Comment