Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Day 2

I think part of getting older is losing the ability to sleep in-even when I don't set my alarm, I cannot sleep past about 7:30. My cat also thinks it's a crime for anyone to be in bed past 8:00 a.m., so I'm typically up pretty early. This morning I got up, and made myself my new favorite breakfast-a Green Monster! I realize this sounds scary, and there was a time when I would have agreed, but it's actually delicious!
It's basically a fruit smoothie, but with fresh spinach! Other than the odd color that it gives, there's not a trace of spinach at all-you would never know it was in there! There are many variations of this, but here's how I make mine: skim milk fruit (peaches, strawberries, pineapple, blueberries, banana, etc)
A few ice cubes for thickness
A few spoonfulls of cottage cheese or yogurt
A big handful of fresh spinach
*You can also add some protein powder if you have it
Basically, just blend all of this together, and it makes a great tasting smoothie! You can get a big dose of fruit, veggies, and protein all before your day starts!

After I got dressed (or bundled) for the day, Tom came and scraped all of the snow off my car so that I could get out for a little bit. I love snow, but after about 48 hours I want it to instantly disappear! I felt like if I could get to Target and Sonic, then I would be alright. The snow was piled up, but I made it!
There was not 1 thing I needed at Target-I just needed to know that I could get there if I wanted! But I NEEDED Sonic! Diet Dr.Pepper and I have a very close relationship!
Then it was home for lunch, and relaxation.
It's been a great little break, but tomorrow it's back to reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment